Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 63 (Saturday) - Dr. Brett Sharp

I wish all professors were awesome. I sent a lovely email that ended with: "Sincerely, Lost and Confused."
I had nothing left. I was so far past done trying to work on my projects that I had just (temporarily) given up. I mean, when you think you know what your doing, then spend two days running around in circles and finally realize that your lost, it feels like crap.
I work very hard for my grades and one research and literature review paper managed to make me feel like I was back in elementary school falling asleep on my homework in the middle of the night. I hated then and I hated this.
However, I refuse to give up without asking for help. So, before chocolate consumption and Facebook time, I emailed Dr. Brett Sharp and explained my confusion. Less than a day later, I had a decent response, followed shortly after by an amazing response. Professor Sharp went into great detail about what I should do and how to go about doing it. When I say detail, his emails were probably over two pages long. To some this would be overwhelming, to me it was crucial. I thrive on detail, organization and structure. This is what I needed to allow me to reach my potential.
He then figured my confusion was the same as others, so he asked if he could share our emails. Of course I said yes, but it was nice of him to ask.

Anyways, I just want everyone to know that although I hear his tests are hard (crossing my fingers they aren't) if a course offers Dr. Sharp as a professor, TAKE HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspire. Change. Believe. Edify.