Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 61 (Thursday) - Jaime Thomas

Have you ever met a person as a child and then happen to work with them later on, only to find out this person went from shy to a public speaker? Well neither had I until Thursday.

Let me tell you about miss Jaime, she is awesome. We grew up down the street from one another. I remember her showing up at my house with a basketball ready to shoot some hoops.

So what did Miss Jaime do?
She came to my after-school program and shared her Indian culture. She gave food, dressed two of the students in traditional attire, showed pictures, taught a dance move and translated different words.

This was a very last minute ordeal and she came more prepared than any speaker I think we've had this entire school year. I was blown away.

Thanks SOOOOO much Jaime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspire. Change. Believe. Edify.